2014 Year in Photos
- Convening World Leaders
Japanese leaders meet with German Chancellor Angela Merkel during the 23rd Japanese-German Forum.
- Deepening US-Japan Understanding
Japanese and American experts discuss the TPP trade negotiations and security concerns at a special Tokyo seminar.
- Cultivating Young Leaders
- Connecting Elected Officials
US Senator Lindsey Graham with a delegation of Diet members taking part in the US-Japan Parliamentary Exchange Program.
- Raising Awareness on Global Health
Japanese journalists participate in a week of site visits in Myanmar as part of JCIE's Global Health and Human Security Program.
- Advancing Debate on Regional Cooperation
Chinese, Korean, and Japanese experts debate at the 2nd Tadashi Yamamoto Memorial Seminar, co-sponsored with the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Facilitating Philanthropy for Disaster Recovery
JCIE has facilitated nearly $7 million in donations to nonprofits in Tohoku, including this effort to revive local oyster farming.
- Promoting Dialogue on Development
World Bank President Jim Kim discusses ODA with a delegation of Diet members.
- Researching Policy's Impact on Real People
JCIE staff travel to Ethiopia to document how the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is changing lives.
- Supporting Grassroots Exchange
Children from communities devastated by Japan's 2011 tsunami visit New York as part of a JCIE-supported program.
> 2013 Year in Photos